Indian Head Massage Aftercare
To allow the Indian Head Massage to be fully beneficial, please avoid the following for the next 24 hours –
• strenuous activity
• undertaking a long drive
• heavy meals It is also beneficial to avoid shampooing your hair for several hours after treatment.
To remove the oils, it is advisable to massage shampoo into dry hair, then wash it off. If possible, try and relax for the rest of the day, and try to drink plenty of water. Be aware that you might experience a variety of reactions, following the treatment. Usually you will feel very relaxed, and be able to reap the benefits.
However, you may also experience –
• Aching and soreness within the muscles - this is due to the release of toxins and the body’s nerves responding to the deep massage work.
• Tiredness - caused by the release of toxins. After the tiredness has gone, you should feel refreshed and energetic.
• Heightened emotions - perhaps even being tearful. This is due to the release of tensions. Other reactions up to 24-48 hours after treatment –
• Dizziness or nausea
• Disrupted sleeping patterns
• Increased release of mucus in the nose or mouth
These reactions are normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body, so that it is rebalancing and cleansing itself.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us on: 01954 261176.